Monday, March 3, 2008

The Boats!

As you may have read in blogs further down, Nathan and I went out on a B and B sail boat on the weekend of the 23rd February. It was absolutely perfect. We could not have asked for a better couple of days. It was sunny but not hot, breezy but not windy or rough. Nanna and Pop kindly watched our girls while we were away. I think they all had a good time (well they tell me they did). We caught the train in and had lunch with our friends from Melbourne that were up in Sydney to see the Cunard ship - the Queen Victoria. (Oh did I mention that she was in Sydney on the day that we chose to do the B and B. I am taking credit for the day however if the truth be known I didn't know until after we had booked it.) It was great to catch up with Silv, John and Mon. We then caught the light rail around to the fish markets (wasn't as good as what I remembered from years ago when I last went) so that I could get some prawns for the boat. At 4.30pm we got to our boat. A 38 foot cruising yacht called Sha Meduza.

Here is a couple of pics...



Craig, our skipper sailed us around for a little while past Queen Victoria so that I could get some pictures. She is one huge vessel a definite to go and see.













Then he moored us in Balls Head Bay for the night and left us to return again at 9.30am the next morning. It was such a perfect night that we were able to eat our platters (part of the package) up on deck and enjoy the city lights.

The next morning Craig returned to fetch us and then take us back to Darling Harbour for breakfast at a local cafe.


All in all a brilliant weekend. A once in a lifetime, must do experience.

Love Annette

No comments: